For pigeons, you will need to use the letters and numbers on the band to know whom to contact.
For example if the band reads: IF-1505-HRP-04
The ( IF ) means it originated from the International Federation Org.
The ( 1505 ) is a unique serial number for identifying that bird.
The ( HRP ) is the Club identification Code within the Org.
The ( 04 ) is simply the year the pigeon was born.
- IF = INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION ORG
- AU = AMERICAN RACING PIGEON UNION ORGANIZATION
- NPA = NATIONAL PIGEON ASSOCIATION
- CU = CANADIAN PIGEON UNION
- IPB = INDEPENDENT PIGEON BREEDERS
- NBRC = NATIONAL BIRMINGHAM CLUB
If you are unsure of which pigeon organization to contact, you can use the 911 Pigeon Alert Form